Who would have thought that Instagram would have grown by leaps and bounds in terms of its user base within the past 10 days? We are talking about a 10 million user jump to touch and pass 40 million users, which is definitely an achievement. I guess a whole lot of it has to do with Instagram for Android being released, and it also passed the 5 million user mark in just a few days’ time after that. Of course, it did help Instagram’s case that Facebook snapped up Instagram for $1 billion as well. As for the 40 million user mark, that figure came about according to the ID count on Instagram’s API.
Instagram has not confirmed this milestone in an official manner just yet, but the figures do add up when you take into consideration how far Instagram for Android has already come. Ever since Instagram got snapped up by Facebook, were you happy with the acquisition, or do you now look for an Instagram alternative?
- 2014-04-23 Instagram's Explore Feature Will Be More Personalized
- 2014-04-14 Instagram Down, And Up Again
- 2014-04-02 Instagram Works On Bug That Hides Recent Photos
- 2014-03-25 Instagram Hits 200 Million Active Users
- 2014-03-25 Instagram Tests Facebook Places Integration
- 2014-03-18 Instagram For Windows Phone Updated With Lock Screen Support
- 2014-03-12 Instagram Photographer Made $15,000 In A Day Selling His Prints
- 2013-12-11 Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- 2013-11-22 Instagram Rumored To Be Adding Private Messaging Feature