Google certainly has no qualms about embarking on a series of projects that range from web services, to mobile devices, to wearable computers, to self-driving vehicles, but what about the F&B industry? While we doubt that Google will be launching Google-branded restaurants or food products any time soon, a Googler by the name of Paul Cariff has come up with a beer dispensing system dubbed KegDroid, or “Betsy” as it is fondly referred to.
The KegDroid is basically a beer dispensing system that is powered by a Motorola Xoom tablet running on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. Activation of the dispenser requires a form of authentication which is done through a “badge” which is essentially an NFC card. It’s a pretty cool combination of Android, NFC and beer! We doubt you will be able to buy one for yourself but we’re sure that this is one invention that many of you guys will be able to appreciate. In the meantime check out the video above to see the KegDroid in action.
- Pioneer DJE-2000 And DJE-1500 Headphones Announced
- The Willow Bar In San Francisco Bar Bans Google Glass
- Fitbit Working With Government Agency To Resolve Fitbit Force Skin Irritations
- First Sign Hair Clip Could Help Deter Violent Crime Against Women
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit Pricing Revealed [Rumor]