Ever wanted a watch those could sync with your iOS or Android device via Bluetooth? If you’re in the market for such a device, the Pebble e-paper watch might be worth checking out. It features a 1.26” 144×168 black and white e-paper display with backlight support, Bluetooth 2.1 EDR, a vibrating motor, an accelerometer and is expected to be able to last for up to 7 days on a single charge.
While it won’t actually let you talk or send text messages via the watch, it will be able to show you who’s calling and display text messages for those times when your hands might be occupied, i.e. cooking, washing the dishes, exercising, driving, in class, etc. On top of that the Pebble watch will support the use of apps that can be used for cycling, jogging and as a golf rangefinder.
Pebble will also release an open SDK that allows developers to create additional apps for the watch, ultimately increasing its functionality. The watch will be compatible with iOS devices and Android devices running on Android 2.3 Gingerbread or later. A pledge of $99 will net you the watch upon its successful funding and release, so for more information head on down to its Kickstarter page.
- 2014-04-11: Micro 3D Printer Kickstarter Hits The $2 Million Mark In 3 Days
- 2014-04-10: Pocket Printer Kickstarter Project Lets You Print On The Go
- 2014-04-03: Pebble 2.1.1 Update Unbricks The Smartwatch
- 2014-04-01: Pebble 2.1 Update Reportedly Causing Some Watches To Brick
- 2014-03-18: Talk2Watch Pro Brings BBM Notifications Onto Pebble
- 2014-03-17: Hatchi Adds Virtual Pet Dimension To Pebble Smartwatch
- 2014-03-09: Pebble 2.0 For Android Brings Watchapps And More
- 2013-01-23: Pebble Smartwatch Shipments Begin
- 2012-08-17: MARTIAN smartwatch Kickstarter project lets you perform commands by speaking into it
- 2012-07-25: Pebble smartwatch to miss its September shipping date