So Samsung has decided to take a stab at the next generation iPhone by launching the Samsung Galaxy S3 of their own when May 3rd rolls around, and prior to that, they had a couple of Samsung Unpacked 2012 teaser videos released earlier this morning. Well, to further consolidate their stand, Samsung has introduced a Samsung Mobile Unpacked 2012 app in the Google Play store itself. This would mean those who are unable to make it to London for the May 3rd event will be able to have the announcement of the Galaxy S3 streamed directly to your smartphone device, allowing you to catch a glimpse of the event no matter where you are – as long as you have a decent data or Wi-Fi connection, that is.
So far, comments for the app show that it does not work on the Verizon Galaxy Nexus, the HTC One S, and the Motorola Droid MAXX. Perhaps it will not play nice on devices that do not have Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich running in the background, perhaps? That can’t be though, since the page mentions that it will play nice with Android 2.2 Froyo or later, so give this 14MB download a go and see whether it is worth it at the beginning of May.
Next Story: MSI GT60 and GT70 Gaming Notebooks Launched
- 2014-04-23 Samsung's Bundled Android Apps Aren't Getting Much Love [Study]
- 2014-04-22 Samsung SM-T2588 Is An Unknown 7-Inch Device
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Galaxy Note Pro Gets FCC Approval
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Stops Selling Paid Applications Through Smart TVs
- 2014-04-22 Samsung Gear Fit Initial Stock Reportedly Sold Out
- 2014-04-13 Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-03-17 Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13 Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20 Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2014-01-21 Samsung Galaxy S3 And Note 2 Rumored To Receive Android 4.4.2 By End Of March