Certification seems to be the buzzword these days, and we have just caught whiff of the Sony Xperia ST27 being certified by the UPnP Forum, and while there has been no rumors circulating around concerning the Xperia ST27 prior, it would not be too far off the mark to figure out that this might actually be the successor to the Xperia active (ST17). No hardware specifications have been listed to date, but it seems that this particular smartphone will run on a similar 1GHz dual-core ST-Ericsson NovaThor U8500 chipset that is also found in the recently unveiled Xperia P and Xperia U.
Having said that, it might just be in the pipeline to find similar dust- and water-proof resistant capabilities that can be found in its potential predecessor, the Xperia active. Apart from that, speculation points to a 3.5″ touchscreen display at 480 x 854 resolution alongside a 5-megapixel camera. Hopefully more details will be revealed in due time, and we do have every intention to be here and bring you the latest updates on the Sony Xperia ST27′s development.
- 2014-04-24 Sony Brings Its Background Defocus Camera App Onto Google Play
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-21 Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21 Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20 Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-17 Xperia Z, ZL, ZR And Tablet Z Receive Android 4.4 Next Month
- 2014-03-26 Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2014-02-23 Sony Xperia M2 Mid-Range Smartphone
- 2014-02-23 Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone
- 2014-01-21 Sony Xperia Z Ultra Hits The FCC, Arrives As Wi-Fi Only “Tablet”