In addition to its huge 13″ tablet, Toshiba has also announced the Excite 10, and Excite 7.7 tablets. The Excite 10 has a display resolution of 1280×800 and is thinner and lighter than the new iPad. Despite a relatively small difference in weight (54g), the Toshiba Excite 10 is perceptibly lighter than the iPad 2, but heavier than the Galaxy Tab 10.1. Yet, it is easier to hold with one hand, and has a great build quality. Despite being thin (0.34″), the Toshiba Excite 10 features micro-USB, micro-HDMI and (full-size) SD ports.
The Toshiba Excite 7.7 uses the same design, but instead of the full SD card slot, it has a micro SD slot (no HDMI out). It is a bit thinner (0.3″) than the 10″ version and obviously weighs less (13.4 ounces). Size aside, the biggest difference of the Toshiba Excite 7.7 comes from its beautiful AMOLED display, which is simply… “brilliant”.
Both tablets are powered by an NVIDIA Tegra 3 with 1GB of RAM, and the Exite 10 is expected start at $450 (16GB) while the Excite 7.7 starts at ($500). Which one would you go for?
- 2014-03-27: Toshiba Canvio Desk Desktop External Hard Drive Revealed
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba Canvio Wireless Adapter
- 2014-03-19: Toshiba 4K Satellite P50t Laptops Set To Arrive
- 2014-02-25: Toshiba Launches TransMemory Pro USB 3.0 Flash Drive
- 2014-02-12: Detachable vs. Clamshell Ultrabooks: What Side Are You On? [Promoted]