Microsoft has apparently gone on a generous streak and has decided to open the silver-package (free) to Xbox Live users that will gain access to its range of new TV, Movie and Entertainments Apps for 4 days starting from Thursday 19th April 2012 to Monday 23rd April 2012. The free weekend which will start tomorrow is said to allow anyone that is privileged to an Xbox 360 and an internet connection the ability to jump online and try out a few selection applications that have been available.
They are 4oD, Blink Box, Crackle, Daily Motion, DEMAND 5, Last.FM, LOVEFiLM, MSN Video, MUZU.TV, Netflix, Screenrush, Sky, VEVO and YouTube. Of course some might notice the Sky app in the list and think that subscription channels will also be free but unfortunately, any of the services that require a subscription will still require you to have one. For apps like Netflix, they do offer a free trial so there is no better time than now to give it a try. Do let us know how it went with a comment below.
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]
- 2014-04-14: Microsoft Is "Done" With The Scroogled Campaign