Microsoft has apparently gone on a generous streak and has decided to open the silver-package (free) to Xbox Live users that will gain access to its range of new TV, Movie and Entertainments Apps for 4 days starting from Thursday 19th April 2012 to Monday 23rd April 2012. The free weekend which will start tomorrow is said to allow anyone that is privileged to an Xbox 360 and an internet connection the ability to jump online and try out a few selection applications that have been available.
They are 4oD, Blink Box, Crackle, Daily Motion, DEMAND 5, Last.FM, LOVEFiLM, MSN Video, MUZU.TV, Netflix, Screenrush, Sky, VEVO and YouTube. Of course some might notice the Sky app in the list and think that subscription channels will also be free but unfortunately, any of the services that require a subscription will still require you to have one. For apps like Netflix, they do offer a free trial so there is no better time than now to give it a try. Do let us know how it went with a comment below.
- GoPro Xbox One Channel Launching This Spring
- Flixster App Launched On Xbox 360 With Support For UltraViolet Videos
- YouTube For iOS Gets Send To TV Feature With Xbox 360, PS3, Smart TV Support
- Xbox 360 Netflix App Unlocked This Weekend For Xbox Silver Members
- EPIX Coming To PS3 Q1 2013; PS Vita App Launching Spring 2013