Acer’s Iconia Tab A510 and the A511 (the 3G version of the A510) are considered to be pretty affordable alternatives for those who are looking for a NVIDIA Tegra-3 quad-core tablet. Unfortunately if you’ve been meaning to get your hands on either the A510 or the A511, you will be disappointed to learn that the A510/A511 is no longer shipping due to a faulty component that apparently causes freezing in the devices. Third-party retailers such as Amazon have also updated their page which shows the A510 as “under review” and is no longer shipping.
This was announced Acer on their German Facebook page although the company had deigned to mention as to which component was at fault, nor did they mention what exactly was wrong with the tablet. Granted we’re sure that there are other third-part retailers out there who might still be selling the device, we suggest that you should probably hold off on your purchase until Acer has officially confirmed that the problem has been resolved! In the meantime, any A510 owners out there experiencing this “freezing” issue on their devices?
- 2014-04-10 Acer Veriton Z2660G AIO Desktop Computer Unveiled
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-03-30 Acer Sends Out Invites For 29th April Event
- 2014-03-27 Acer Iconia One 7 Primed For A Release
- 2014-03-12 Acer Still Undecided On Windows Phone, Thinks It Needs More Marketing