If you’ve got no plans for the 14th of May and it so happens that you pre-purchase Guild Wars 2, well you’re in for a little treat. ArenaNet has announced via its Facebook page that come 14th of May, they will be conducting a stress test on the Guild Wars 2 servers that will start at 11AM PDT and ends at 6PM PDT. Granted it’s kind of a small window of opportunity to get in some gaming before the final release, but we’re sure that fans of the game will no doubt want to get in as much game time as possible so 7 hours is still better than nothing!
“With your help, we can conduct important tests and address some of the issues we identified during our first Beta Weekend Event. During this event, all you need to do is play normally with a new or existing character on your Beta account using the same game client. Please note that since this is a stress test of our servers, you may experience some in-game performance issues.”
It should be noted that this stress test is only available for those who pre-purchased the game, unlike Blizzard’s open beta stress test weekend for Diablo 3 where it was opened to pretty much anyone with a Battle.net account. If you’ve pre-purchased the game, head on over to the beta forums where you will be able to download the beta client (if you haven’t done so already).
- 2013-08-23 Guild Wars 2 Heroic Edition Announced
- 2013-07-01 ArenaNet Opens Guild Wars 2 APIs To Developers
- 2013-06-27 ArenaNet To Release Guild Wars 2 Updates Every Two Weeks Now
- 2013-05-14 Guild Wars 2 Expansion Pack Currently Underway According To NCsoft
- 2013-01-29 Guild Wars 2 Content Update Arrives
- 2012-11-28 ArenaNet introduces character makeover options for Guild Wars 2
- 2012-11-02 The Lost Shores will be the next Guild Wars 2 update