Earlier today, we reported that Google+ for Android recently got a couple of interesting updates that included improvements in the stream and its navigation, as well as the capability to initiate a Hangout from the main menu. There were other improvements too that you might want to check out if you were not able to grab the update yet. Adding to those nifty changes are rumors from The Verge. Today’s update seemed to have left a few hints of what Google could bring in the next updates.
According to the publication, a source of theirs has allegedly confirmed that references to new features called “Events” and “Local” were found inside the APK listed alongside Photos, Circles, and the other modules currently found in the app’s navigation pane. The Verge, however, admitted that the discovery doesn’t mean that the features – “Events” and “Local” – will be coming soon, but insisted that they are indicators that Google is planning to revolutionize its social network. With interesting rumors like these, it is important to take it with the finest grain of salt, so as not to be deceived.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2014-04-04: Play Store Updated With "People" Section, Shows Apps Recommended By Friends
- 2014-03-30: Google Moves To Remove All Erotic Content From Play Store
- 2014-03-30: Google Gets Tough On Misleading Ads In Android Apps
- 2014-03-28: Fake Google Apps Hit The Windows Phone Store
- 2014-02-27: Google Hangouts App Updated For iOS 7