Fans of games like Guitar Hero and Rock Band were no doubt pleased that they were able to play something similar on their iOS devices, i.e. Tap Tap Revenge. While that’s certainly fun to play, will all that tapping and drumming damage your iOS’ screen? We’re not sure how many iPhone screens we’ve seen broken due to too much Tap Tap Revenge, but if you’d rather not take the risk, and if you’d prefer a physical controller as well, Dream Cheeky might have something for you in the form of the iDrum.
This physical drum pad offers gamers a seven piece “drum kit” that’s about the size of Apple’s wireless keyboard. It will pair with your iOS device via Bluetooth and according to the company, not only is this a viable controller for some musical games, but it will also be able to teach the player how to actually play the drums. We’re not sure how accurate those claims are, but if the iDrum sounds like an accessory you wouldn’t mind checking out, Dream Cheeky is currently taking pre-orders for it and $70 will net you the device when it starts shipping on the 31st of May.RELATED
- ShutterBall Helps You Take Just The Right Selfie With Your iPhone
- BabyPing Turns Your iOS Device into a Baby Monitor; Launched in the UK; US in Late June
- VooMote Zapper starts to ship
- Numark and algoriddim team up to bring iDJ Live DJ controller for the iPad and iPhone
- Samsung wants to ban Apple product sales in the US
- Seen at: gizmodo