Ever wondered just how the Kinect Star Wars would look like? Well, in the true spirit and tradition of a “try before you buy” model, the Kinect Star Wars demo is now available as a free download, although you would do well to check its availability in your Xbox LIVE region beforehand. This is a way to experience the Star Wars universe in a totally new manner, where physical gameplay is involved. Sure, the Nintendo Wii did conjure images of lightsaber wielding gamers when Nintendo’s console was first announced all those years ago, but I guess the real deal lies with Kinect Star Wars at this point in time. You are able to pilot a starfighter, race speeder bikes and perhaps be on your way to being the ultimate Jedi. This is definitely starting to sound like a calorie burning game by all accounts – and as the name suggests, make sure you have a Kinect sensor before playing this demo, otherwise it would have been nothing but a 1.97GB download that did not entertain you at all.
Next Story: Sony LT29i Hayabusa spotted yet again
- 2014-04-02: New Kinect For Windows Is Official, Arrives This Summer
- 2014-03-27: Microsoft Kinect For Windows Hardware Version 2 Unveiled
- 2014-02-03: Kinect Guards The Korean Border
- 2013-12-31: 3D Printing Service Uses Your Kinect To Make Mini Figurines Of Yourself
- 2013-12-27: NASA Engineers Use Oculus Rift And Kinect 2 To Control Robots
- 2012-02-24: Kinect Star Wars video footage online
- 2012-02-10: Kinect Star Wars bundle arriving on April 3rd
- 2012-02-01: Lightsaber duel trailer showcases Kinect capabilities
- 2011-07-21: Limited edition droid-themed Xbox 360 unveiled
- 2011-07-08: Microsoft's Xbox 360 to get a R2-D2 edition?