It seems that LG Electronics’ global sales of their smartphones – in particular the LTE smartphone models, have touched (and passed by the time you read this) the magical three million unit mark. All right, three million is nothing magical when you compared it to what Apple has sold in terms of iPhone units, but when you think about the figure in terms of the LTE smartphone market, that is a lot of phone – in fact, it squarely places LG somewhere at the forefront of the soon-to-be competitive and burgeoning LTE market.
Just to recap your memory, some of the LTE smartphones by LG that have hit the market to date include the LG Revolution which was their first LTE model in the world that came out in May last year, the LG Optimus LTE that was the world’s first HD LTE smartphone, the LG Optimus Vu which came with a 5″ IPS display and 4:3 aspect ratio, the LG Optimus LTE Tag, and the LG Optimus LTE II. Did you in any way contribute to LG’s bottom line, and are you reading this from your LG LTE smartphone? [Press Release]
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Japanese Market Variant Presumably Leaked Online
- 2014-04-15: LG G3 Rumored For June Announcement, July Release
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2013-03-03: LG LTE Smartphones: 10 Million Sold And Counting
- 2012-11-27: LG Explains Reason Behind LTE Modem Of Nexus 4
- 2012-04-27: LG Optimus True HD LTE arrives in Europe and Asia
- 2011-11-14: LG Nitro HD spotted in the wild
- 2011-09-23: LG Optimus LTE (LU6200) spotted again