Intel announced their plans for mobile phones last year that will be powered by the company’s Medfield chipset. So far it seems that the first Intel-based smartphone has been launched in India as the Lava XOLO X900, but what happened to the Orange Santa Clara that was designated for the UK market? The good news for UK residents is that the carrier Orange has since launched a registration page for the Santa Clara. The website has also revealed that the Santa Clara will not be the device’s official name and that it is merely the “pre-launch” name for the handset. No word on when Orange will officially be launching the device, but if an Intel Medfield powered Android smartphone sounds like something you’re interested in, pop on over to Orange’s website to register your interest! With a launch in India and an upcoming launch in the UK, we have to wonder when we will be seeing Intel handsets make their way stateside.RELATED
- Moto X And Moto G Orders Delayed For Some Due To Winter Storm Dion
- Crytek To Release "The Collectables" Mobile Game
- Is Google Replacing Gallery On Android With The Photos App?
- Instagram's Messaging Feature Reportedly "Confirmed" For Tomorrow
- Nokia Steps In After Samsung's PR Nightmare With Galaxy S4 Users
- Follow: intel, medfield, orange,
- Seen at: androidcentral