Scrolling through page after page of benchmarks is not exactly the best job in the world, as it can get rather tedious and monotonous after a while. However, there is a very good reason to play close attention to benchmark readings, especially when we are talking about the world of consumer electronics. Basically, benchmark results do sometimes reveal previously unknown specifications of an upcoming device. Case in point, the ST26i from Sony that has been spotted in the past, where it has now started to make another appearance in a GL Benchmark that subsequently showed off the number of specifications.
We now know that the Sony ST26i will run on a 45nm Qualcomm MSM7627A chipset, while incorporating the aged Adreno 200 GPU. It might hit the speed of 1GHz, never mind the official specifications stating the ST26i to run at 800MHz. Other than that, your eyes will be greeted by a 480 x 854 resolution display alongside Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich as the operating system of choice. In short, the Sony ST26i’s benchmarks and specifications seem to place it squarely in the mid-range market.
Next Story: Nokia: More PureView handsets coming your way
- 2014-04-21: Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet Goes On Sale In The U.S.
- 2014-04-21: Sony Pictures Register BioShock Movie Domains
- 2014-04-20: Sony Patents Self-Washing Robot
- 2014-04-20: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Google Play Edition To Get Android 4.4.3 KitKat (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Next PlayStation Might Be Service Oriented