Whoever said that style and substance cannot be mixed? The Sony Xperia acro S is one such handset, where this water resistant smartphone is stylish enough to be able to wow onlookers, and to make things better, it can be used underwater. Of course, you might have better things to do when you are scuba diving instead of checking on your Facebook status or watching a movie, right? Just what does the Sony Xperia acro S offer then in terms of its hardware? We are looking at the now popular 4.3” HD Reality Display which delivers razor sharp clarity images, and will also support full HD video recording, HD video chat and easy HDMI TV connectivity in order for you to play back memories in great detail on the big screen.
The Xperia acro S will also feature NFC connectivity, allowing you to easily open up applications with a single touch against an Xperia SmartTag. To be more specific, let us delve in to the hardware details of the Xperia acro S, including a 12-megapixel fast capture camera which can go from sleep to snap in a mere second with a single key press, it is PlayStation certified, has Full 1080p HD video recording capability and a 720p HD front camera. Not only that, it boasts of a scratch resistant mineral glass display with wet finger tracking capability, and boasts of IP55 and IP57 ratings for dust and water resistance.
An 1.5GHz dual core processor gets the job done even for processor intensive applications, and it is nice to see the Xperia acro S launch with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich right out of the box. You can choose from black, white and pink colors. Just remember that water resistant does not mean it can be submerged underwater for prolong periods of time – using it in the rain would be all right, though.
Next Story: Sony Xperia go (Xperia advance) announced
- 2014-04-15: God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15: Mysterious Sony D6603 Spotted In Screenshot
- 2014-04-14: Sony Xperia Z2 Pre-Orders Reopened In Europe
- 2014-04-11: Sony Vaio Fit 11A Recall Because Of Battery Overheating Risk
- 2014-04-11: Sony Unveils H1Z1, Upcoming Zombie MMO Title
- 2014-03-26: Sony Xperia M Gets Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update
- 2014-02-23: Sony Xperia M2 Mid-Range Smartphone
- 2014-02-23: Sony XPERIA Z2 Smartphone
- 2014-01-21: Sony Xperia Z Ultra Hits The FCC, Arrives As Wi-Fi Only “Tablet”
- 2014-01-19: Sony Xperia Z2 Purported Pictures Leak Online