It seems that Apple’s attempts to get the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 banned in the US just got one step closer. It was revealed that the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit has denied Samsung’s request to rehear the case which allows Apple to refile its original preliminary injunction request. The original request was shelved by Judge Lucy Koh following an official federal mandate, which Samsung had asked for claiming that it would be premature to issue an injunction without first having received a formal mandate. Well it looks like the mandate is here and we guess it is only a matter of time before the injunction will be granted.
For those unfamiliar with the legal proceedings, both Apple and Samsung have been embroiled in a rather ugly and messy legal battle, with Apple claiming that Samsung had allegedly infringed upon their patents. A while back the CEOs of both companies got together in an attempt to hash things out but given where we are right now, it is safe to assume that the talks did not make much headway. So if you’re thinking of getting the Galaxy Tab 10.1, you might want to hurry before the injunction goes into effect. The case is far from over as we’re sure that Samsung will be appealing this so stay tuned for more updates in the future!
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-04-17: Samsung's Galaxy Phones To Get Custom Amazon Kindle Book Store
- 2012-09-18: Preliminary injunction against the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will still stand
- 2012-06-22: Apple's injunction against the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 will be heard on the 29th of June
- 2012-05-15: Apple given the green light to seek injunction against the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 in the US
- 2011-12-22: Apple appears unlikely to win ban on Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1N
- 2011-12-15: Samsung Galaxy Tab is "The tablet Apple tried to stop."