The HanZpad dual-core tablet, developed by Creative, was first introduced in February this year. Based on the Singapore-based company’s previous press release, we learned that the device will sport a quad-core ARM 1.5 GHz processor and ZiiLABS’ ZMS-40 SoC. Today, however, we just learned the tablet has just landed at the FCC, hinting a possible upcoming release. Creative previously mentioned that the ZMS-40 SoC will be able to support high-resolution display and playback 3D content in full HD, while utilizing 50% less power. The 7.95mm 10-inch HanZpad tablet will also feature a 1280 x 800 IPS display, 1 GB of RAM, a microSD slot that allows up to 64 GB of external storage, and support for Android Ice Cream Sandwich.
Additionally, Engadget claims that Creative will also develop its own OS for the device, which will be distributed through OEMs and its own channels. The HanZpad tablet will debut first in China prior to a global release. “At the heart of the HanZpad platform is the ground-breaking 100-core ZMS-40 StemCell Media Processor optimized for Android 4.x. The quad-core ZMS-40 combines 96 of ZiiLABS’ StemCell media processing cores with four 1.5GHz ARM Cortex-A9 CPUs to deliver stunning multi-tasking application and media processing performance,” Creative said.
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2014-04-11: Oppo R1 Drops By The FCC
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-04-03: Sony Xperia Z2 Compact Might Have Received FCC Approval Already
- 2014-04-02: Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 Hits The FCC
- 2010-12-29: Creative Zen Touch 2 hits the FCC, arriving stateside?
- 2010-04-16: Creative Sound Blaster SB1250 arrives at the FCC
- 2010-09-06: Creative Sound Blaster Wireless MultiPlay System Visits The FCC
- 2010-11-22: Creative WP-300 arrives at the FCC
- 2010-12-13: Creative ZiiO 10 hits the FCC