If you’re the sort that does a lot of recording or podcasts via your iOS device, the iRig MIC Cast has officially started shipping, so if you have $39.99 to spare, this is an accessory you might want to considering getting your hands on. For those unfamiliar and in case the photo above did not give it away, the iRig MIC Cast is basically a tiny microphone that users will be able to attach to their iOS devices via the headphone jack. According to IK Multimedia, the device was designed with “a tight unidirectional pickup pattern that minimizes background noise, making it ideal for single-source audio recording.”
The iRig MIC Cast also comes with a headphone jack built-in, so fret not if you were worried that you might lose your headphone slot. It will even come with a sensitivity switch that will allow you to record close or distant sources. It does sound pretty handy and for $39.99, it’s not overly expensive as well and will come with two accompanying apps – iRig Recorder and VocalLive. If you’re interested in placing your order, pop on over to IK Multimedia’s website.
Next Story: Star Wars 1313 game has been announced
- Spotify for iOS updated with radio streaming feature for both free and premium users
- RockAppleWood is a classy looking iOS speaker dock made from wood
- Flipboard Adds Audio to its Social Magazine with SoundCloud
- Sony’s Latest iOS Dock; Magnetic Fluid for Dampening
- iRig PRE is a new microphone interface for iOS devices