Just last week, we talked about how LG announced the availability of what they deem as the first Full HD 5″ display (1080p) that was specially manufactured for use in mobile devices – and definitely, smartphones will be one of those devices which fall under such a category. This prototype was spotted over at Display Week, where the 5″ of viewing goodness delivered 1920 x 1080 resolution which translates to a rather weighty 440 pixels per inch, which is by far and large higher than any other smartphone-class display currently available on the market.
This display remains a prototype as at press time, and it was spotted floating in a glass enclosure, playing back pre-recorded video sequences. Not only that, this display from LG is said to carry AH-IPS (advanced high-performance in-plan switching) technology which delivers extreme viewing angles, although that proved rather challenging to agree to due to the way it was placed behind a glass enclosure. Hopefully LG will be able to manufacture this on a large scale soon, and no prizes for guessing that they will be the first in the market to offer a smartphone touting such a display!
Next Story: Sony HDR-GW77V Waterproof Camcorder
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2014-04-09: LG G3 Screenshot Sees More “Flat” Design (Rumor)
- 2013-03-29: Unannounced LG Device Comes Out Tops In GLBenchmark Tests
- 2012-10-16: LG Optimus G Review
- 2012-09-19: LG Optimus G more details - preview with videos
- 2012-01-23: Top 10 CES Gadgets
- 2011-11-08: LG Revolution with VMware Horizon Mobile