If you find yourself running low on battery on your iPhone before the day is out, chances are you might want start considering investing in an iPhone battery case. However battery cases deplete as well, which is why a solar battery case would be ideal. Theoretically this would basically allow your phone to remain powered for days. If a solar powered battery case for your iPhone is something you’d be interested in, the folks at Monster Watts have taken the wraps off their new Hybrid Solar Battery Case for the iPhone. The accessory packs a 2,400mAh battery and a solar panel at the back of the case.
According to Monster Watts, the solar panel is highly efficient and comes with an LED status indicator which shows how much battery is left. Despite Monster Watt’s claims of a thin case, we have to admit that the Hybrid Solar Battery Case does appear to be quite thick, but then again that’s pretty much the price you’d have to pay for a larger battery pack. The case can be recharged either via solar power or a standard phone charger via the USB port. Monster Watts is currently asking for $118 for the Hybrid Solar Battery Case, so for more information about the accessory, pop on over to its website for the details or head on over to Vive Alive’s website to place your order. [Press release]
- 2012-06-06 SkateBack iPhone cases are made from recycled skateboards
- 2012-05-10 Case-Mate launches iPhone cases made from recycled plastic
- 2012-03-19 Nap Age's napkin paper iPhone cases are environmentally friendly
- 2012-03-15 Trexta's Sketch Up iPhone 4/4S case is recyclable and customizable
- 2011-11-03 Re-case is an eco-friendly iPhone case