So, you have the latest and greatest Android-powered smartphone out there in the market (according to Samsung, anyways), with the Samsung Galaxy S3 being your latest pride and joy where the world of gadget acquisition is concerned. Well, for those who feel that the stock version of Android (nevermind the fact that there is also Samsung’s very own TouchWiz UX Nature loaded within) is just not good enough for their “power user” status, here we are with word that CyanogenMod 9 nightlies are now made available for the Samsung Galaxy S3.
Sure, the most recent nightly build will always carry its fair share of bugs, and in particular, the more notable ones include “FM Radio is currently not supported, using LED flash causes some problems and waking the device up using volume keys might not work because the device is sleeping too deep and doesn’t recognize key presses”. However, the kinds of unprecedented “freedom” you get with from the CyanogenMod 9 nightly might just be worth the risk taking – after careful consideration, of course.
Next Story: Mac OS spotted on Nook Simple Touch
- 2014-04-13: Galaxy S5 Launch Day Sales Beat Galaxy S4 [Report]
- 2014-04-13: Android 4.4 For Galaxy S3 And Galaxy Note 2 Still On The Cards
- 2014-04-13: Google Executive Says No iPhone Features Were Copied For Android
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Root For T-Mobile And Sprint Variants Available
- 2014-04-11: Galaxy S5 PayPal Fingerprint Support Disabled By Verizon
- 2014-03-17: Galaxy S3 Slim Spotted On Samsung Brazil's Website
- 2014-03-13: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Expected Again
- 2014-02-20: Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Android 4.4 Update Might Not Materialize
- 2012-07-13: CyanogenMod 9 now available on the Samsung Galaxy S3, all except for Verizon