If you’re in the market for a new set of headphones, Sony has decided to give us a sneak peek as to what they will be unveiling at E3. The company has officially announced the Pulse Wireless Stereo Headset – Elite Edition, which we assume is the successor to last year’s Official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset. So what’s the difference? Well according to Sony, the latest set of headphones will feature what they’re calling “BassImpact” technology, which based on the name alone should give you an idea of what to expect. However according to Sony, they have described it as “technology [that] translates bass sounds into ‘pulses’ around the earpads of the headset.” Interesting.
Other features of the Pulse – Elite Edition headphones include virtual 7.1 surround sound, wireless connectivity, preset modes that you can set for gaming, movies, music, etc, hidden noise cancelling microphones and should be compatible with a variety of your mobile devices since it connects via the 3.5mm audio jack. The Pulse – Elite Edition headphones are expected to be made available this fall and will retail at $149.99. More information can be found at Sony’s PlayStation website.RELATED
- Razer Kraken Forged Edition Headphones Introduced
- Plantronics RIG Review: Fast Gaming/Mobile Audio Switch
- Turtle Beach Call Of Duty: Ghosts Limited Edition Headsets Pricing Revealed
- Mad Catz Ships TRITTON Kunai Stereo Gaming Headset For PC And Mac
- Video Games Live Streaming On Twitch From San Diego Comic-Con On July 20
- Follow: Sony,