A couple of months ago, OMGPOP’s Draw Something was a pretty big hit. My feed was littered with screenshots of hilarious drawings and with game requests as well. In fact the game proved to be such a success that Zynga decided to buy them over. However since then, we haven’t really heard much about the game, at least until recently. It seems that CBS has managed to put together a deal with Zynga that will now turn the Draw Something game into a television game show. It will be called Draw and it will be produced by American Idol’s host, Ryan Seacrest although there is no word if he will be hosting it as well.
We’re not sure how they will be translating an app into a real life game, although in all honesty Draw Something is pretty much like Pictionary to begin with, so we guess the show’s format and the rules shouldn’t be too out of this world. The show will also feature celebrity guests and will also allow viewers at home to play the game alongside them as well. Could this see a revival for the game? Either way we’re interested to see how this one turns out. No word on when the show will launch but we will be keeping our eyes peeled for it anyway.
- 2014-04-17: Zynga Goes Back To Basics With FarmVille 2: Country Escape
- 2014-03-03: Zynga Takes Mobile Route With FarmVille, Words With Friends
- 2014-01-06: Zynga To Start Testing Bitcoin As A Payment Option
- 2013-09-27: Candy Crush Saga Developer Apparently Files For IPO
- 2013-07-31: Zynga Sues Makers Of "Bang With Friends" App Over Alleged Trademark Infringement
- 2013-06-05: OMGPop Shuts Down, Cost Zynga $450k A Day
- 2013-05-10: Zynga's Endless Runner 'Running With Friends' Now Available On iOS
- 2013-01-21: Zynga's Running With Friends Offers A Temple Run-Like Experience In Spain
- 2012-11-12: Words with Friends and Draw Something makes its way on Windows Phone
- 2012-05-07: Draw Something allows advertisers to insert their own guess words