It’s been awhile since we’ve heard anything about the 10″ BlackBerry PlayBook, but now it looks like the tablet could actually be real. Some folks over at Tinhte managed to get of what appears to be a 10″ version of the PlayBook, gave it a simple tear down and was kind enough to share it with the world. The 10″ BlackBerry PlayBook features hardware that’s not very different from the original 7″ PlayBook. Besides the larger 10″ display, it packs a 7,250mAh battery, a SIM holder, and a cellular radio (no word on whether it’s 4G or 3G).
With the device out in the wild, I guess there’s a change we could hear an official announcement from RIM about the device in the future. Head here to check out the full tear down as well as more size comparisons with this larger PlayBook. Would you pick up the 10″ PlayBook if it went on sale?
- 2013-11-07: BlackBerry PlayBook 2 Rumors Start Circulating
- 2013-06-28: BlackBerry 10 Will Not Be Headed To The PlayBook After All
- 2013-04-30: Blackberry CEO Rumored To Share Tablet Plans On 15th May During Blackberry Live
- 2012-12-24: Possible native BBM app on the Blackberry Playbook spotted
- 2012-12-20: BlackBerry PlayBook Gets Igloo Update
- 2012-07-23: LTE BlackBerry PlayBook going on sale July 31st in Canada?
- 2012-06-08: RIM confirms 16GB Blackberry Playbook discontinuation
- 2012-06-07: 16GB Blackberry Playbook appears to have been discontinued
- 2012-05-22: Blackberry Playbook with LTE gains FCC approval