Bad news for those of you who have been keeping your “legacy” Facebook profiles, it looks like you won’t be able to keep it for long. According to a report by TechCrunch who were informed by Facebook, every profile on the social network will changed to Timeline whether they like it or not. Facebook plans to complete this rollout by fall, so for those of you who’ve been putting it off or have been holding out – you might as well make the change now.
Throughout the coming months, users who log in to Facebook will be presented with a prompt telling them that their profiles will be switched to Timeline. Users then get seven days to curate their old posts to make sure that Timelines don’t display anything they don’t want to be shown. It’s not a big surprise that Facebook is finally making Timeline mandatory, since we’ve all had months to do the switch ourselves and according to them.
Personally, I’m a fan of Timeline, minus the posts jumping from side to side when they’re expanded but that’s just a minor gripe. Plus, it’s just so much nicer to look at. What do you think? Are you still on the old-style profile and not looking forward to receive Timeline?
Next Story: Microsoft Outlook webmail service launched
- Netflix Tech Support Scam After Users' Login Credentials
- Teen's Facebook Update Cost Her Father $80,000
- U.S. Google Search Will Now Show Restaurant Menus In Results
- Copyright Protectors Targeting Billboard Top 100 Charts Downloaders With Automated Fines
- 146K Indiana University Students' Personal Data Exposed