AT&T announced its own speech recognition technology, Watson, not too long ago and now it looks like developers can finally make use of it. The company recently made its Watson engine SDK available to its developers. In case you’re unsure of what Watson is, it is AT&T’s response to Apple’s Siri or Google’s Voice Search/Google Now. However, Watson is touted to be more functional than its counterparts, with the ability to recognize not only speech, but speech combined with other modalities (i.e. in conjunction with a touchscreen tap or gesture). Check out the video above to see a promo video for Watson. We can’t wait to see what sort of apps and services will make use of Watson in the future.
- 2014-04-23 AT&T Teases ASUS PadFone X In New Video
- 2014-04-22 AT&T Commits Millions For New Online Video Ventures
- 2014-04-21 AT&T Gigapower Looks At Expansion Into 21 New Cities
- 2014-04-17 AT&T LG G Flex Android 4.4 Update Brings Knock Code As Well
- 2014-04-16 AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow