Yesterday we reported that according to Valve’s boss, Gabe Newell, the reason behind Valve’s efforts at pushing out a Steam for Linux platform is because he thinks that Windows 8 is a “catastrophe”. We’ve yet to see how Windows 8 will sit with the masses and if its impact is a positive or negative one. We’re hoping the former since we don’t really need another Windows Vista. That being said, it seems that Newell wasn’t alone in his sentiments as Blizzard’s Rob Pardo has echoed Newell’s feelings regarding Windows 8 as well.
Speaking out in a tweet, Pardo was quoted as saying, “I think Windows 8 is a catastrophe for everyone in the PC space’ – not awesome for Blizzard either.” Is Windows 8 really as bad as developers are making it out to be? Like we said, we won’t know until it has actually launched but it is definitely something to think about! But for those who have tried the Release Preview, what did you guys think of it so far?
- 2014-04-02 Microsoft: Japanese Bank Upgrades 30,000 Terminals To Windows 8 From Windows XP
- 2014-04-02 Windows Start Menu Really Coming Back
- 2014-04-01 Users Migrating From Windows XP Prefer Windows 7 Over Windows 8
- 2014-03-23 Microsoft "Strongly" Encouraging OEMs To Bundle OneNote With Windows 8.1
- 2014-03-19 Former Firefox Developer Explains Mozilla's Decision To Drop Its Modern UI Project
- 2014-03-19 Microsoft Employee Responsible For Windows 8 Leaks Arrested