With smartphones on the rise these days, apps are pretty much what makes a platform more attractive than the other, apart from the hardware specs being offered. That being said, there also seems to be an increase in developers who range from veteran software programmers, to teens who are looking to cash in on the app fad, which basically means that anyone can learn to program an app if they wish to. If you’d like to try your hand at coding apps for iOS, there’s a Kickstarter program that has been recently launched that wants to teach you how to program and it will only set you back $25, which is about the cost of a programming book but a lot less compared to attending classes. This Kickstarter program was launched by the folks at Code School who have experience teaching people how to code Ruby and CSS, so we guess that they do have some credibility.
A pledge of $25 will net you access to the course once it has been put together which they expect should be ready by October or November later this year. There is a caveat though – Code School expects that you have some form of basic programming knowledge as this will not be a 101 course. However if you don’t have any programming knowledge, fret not as free lessons can be had at the Code Academy site. However if you have tinkered around with coding in the past, perhaps this might be something worth checking out.
Next Story: Facebook for iOS gains a new Save feature
- 2014-04-16: Yahoo Wants To Become iOS' Default Search
- 2014-04-16: Apple's App Store Revenue In China Grew By 70%
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Apple's iOS, OS X, And "Key Web-Based Services" Not Affected By Heartbleed Flaw
- 2014-04-07: Quitting iOS Apps Might Actually Cause Battery Drain, According To Former Apple Genius
- 2014-03-30: Facebook Messenger iOS Update Brings Groups, Forwarding And More
- 2014-03-23: Twitter #Music Bites The Dust
- 2014-03-13: Clones And Free-To-Play Titles Have "Soured" iTunes App Store Experience, According To Report
- 2011-05-02: Taposé brings multi-app functionality to the iPad