If you have a Facebook Page with a Vanity URL that you regret using, you’re in luck. Facebook is now offering page administrators a once-time chance to change their vanity URLs to anything they want. In case you didn’t know, the Vanity URL is basically a name comes after facebook.com/ URL which makes it easier for people to remember or for you to share your address (i.e. facebook.com/ubergizmo). To make this change all you have to do is go into the page that you’re an admin of, go to the top of the page, select Edit Page on the Admin panel, Update Info, Basic Information and Change Username.
No idea about whether this means that pages that haven’t registered a name previously will get 2 chances to change their URLs but everyone with an existing Vanity URL should get the opportunity to make a final change now. Anybody grateful to Facebook for this chance? Be sure to snap up the username you want before somebody else does!
- 2014-04-20: Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20: Facebook Rumored To Launch Their Own Mobile Ad Network
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can