If you’re a huge fan of the Final Fantasy franchise, you’re probably familiar with just about every Final Fantasy game ever created, including Final Fantasy Versus 13 which has been in development in 2006 and with no release date in sight. Given that it has been 6 years in the making without a peep from its developers, you couldn’t be blamed if you thought that the game might be stuck in development hell or even shelved, which is what the rumors have been saying recently. Well the good news is that if Versus 13 is a Final Fantasy game you’d like to see hit the shelves, Square Enix’s CEO Yoichi Wada took to Twitter to assure gamers that the game is still on track:
“There’s someone making a false rumor that Versus was cancelled. Haha…Just a minute ago, the regular Versus meeting ended. If you saw the presentation of the city, it’d knock you off your feet~lol”
Still no release date in sight but we guess this will probably placate fans of the franchise for now.
- 2014-04-20: Final Fantasy III Headed For PC (Rumor)
- 2014-04-11: Hitman GO Arriving On iOS 17th April
- 2014-04-09: School Girl Strikers iOS RPG From Square Enix Coming Your Way
- 2014-04-01: Square Enix Opens Teaser Site For New RPG
- 2014-03-21: Original Final Fantasy XIV's Downfall Was Due To Overly Designed Flowerpots (Amongst Other Things)