According to the folks over at DigiTimes, HP and Dell will be launching Windows RT tablets in the fourth quarter of 2012 – however, we’ve previously reported about HP confirming that they will not be releasing Windows RT tablets initially which casts some doubt on DigiTime’s story. However, if it turns out to be half true, we’ll be seeing Dell Windows RT tablets powered by Qualcomm processors later this year.
In addition to its reports about HP and Dell, it claims that Acer, Sony and Samsung will be in on the Windows RT tablet game as well, though the latter two companies are said to be conservative about it. As usual, we should take DigiTimes rumors with a pinch of salt – so stay tuned for more details in the future.
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2014-01-26: HP Clarifies They Are Not Dropping Windows 8
- 2014-01-20: HP Windows 7 PCs Are Back By 'Popular Demand'
- 2012-12-17: Dell executive wanted Steve Ballmer to rename Windows RT
- 2012-08-06: Dell and HP rumored to be releasing a Windows RT tablet this October