If you’re a movie junkie, then my guess is that you’ve already used IMDb on the web or on your mobile device in the form of apps. Today, the world’s most popular online movie database is announcing that its app on Android and iOS has already reached more than 40 million downloads. IMDb said that the monthly visits over the last 5 months have reached more than 150 million on a monthly basis. But the Amazon-owned behemoth isn’t resting on its laurels yet. That’s because IMDb is also announcing a few updates to its app for iOS and Android.
The said updates include mobile-optimized message boards, check-ins, similarities, film locations and soundtracks. On iOS, the IMDb app now has an improved TV experience, which should make it easier for users to locate and watch their favorite TV shows. Android users, on the other hand, will now be able log-in using their Amazon account information. Also, IMDb for Android now features personalized recommendations, Metacritic, and movie locations which allow users to check the locations of movies via a map. You can get the apps here.
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-13: How To Transfer Contacts From iPhone To Android (5 Ways)
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-03-25: BlackBerry Cashes In On BBM With Stickers And Sponsored Posts
- 2014-03-24: Telegram Arrives At 35 Million Users Milestone
- 2014-03-03: Xbox Live Could Extend To iOS And Android