Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced yesterday during his company’s first earnings call that “it wouldn’t really make much sense” for Facebook to come up with their very own smartphone device. This particular “Facebook phone” has been floating around as a rumor for a long time already, and according to the analysts in the market, they claim that this is just a matter of time before something like this hits the market. What do you think of Zuckerberg’s statement? Could it just be a red herring, and after all, he is technically correct since Facebook themselves does not yet have the capability of churning out a piece of hardware, but rather, they are involved with programming, leaving other companies with a more suitable expertise in this particular area of technology to get the job done. Case in point, HTC.
All I can say is, interesting times are ahead, and if one were to build a smartphone based on Facebook alone, it would definitely have to work very differently compared to the standard issue Android-powered smartphone.
Next Story: Asus Tablet 600 headed for the FCC?
- 2014-04-24 Facebook Launches Newswire To Deliver Breaking News
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Achieves 1 Billion Mobile Users Each Month
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Lays Out Blueprint For Future Standalone Apps
- 2014-04-23 Facebook Messenger Has 200 Million Users