Kim Dotcom, the founder of Megaupload, is claiming that he knows who is behind the shutdown of his company in January this year. Dotcom reportedly told TorrentFreak yesteday that U.S. Vice President Joe Biden ordered lawyer Neil MacBride to bring his behemoth site down. Interestingly, Dotcom said that the Vice President is a close friend to former-Senator and now-MPAA CEO Chris Dodd.
“I do know from a credible source that it was Joe Biden, the best friend of former Senator and MPAA boss Chris Dodd, who ordered his former lawyer and now state attorney Neil MacBride to take Mega down,” Dotcom told TorrentFreak. Seemingly cautious of revealing too much information early on, the founder added that he has information which could prove that it was no other than the U.S. Vice President Joe Biden who ordered the takedown.
It’s important to note that also in January this year, the same month that Dotcom was arrested, Dodd released a statement criticizing the “Blackout Day” anti-piracy legislation protest. Dodd reportedly threatened to cut off campaign contributions to politicians who did not support PIPA and SOPA – two legislations strongly supported by MPAA. Dodd and Biden reportedly held meetings in June last year with the U.S. President in the West Wing of the White House.
- 2013-03-07: Megaupload Shutdown Resulted In Movie Sales Increase
- 2013-01-17: Kim Dotcom's MEGA Will Give Users 50GB Of Free Storage And More
- 2012-11-06: Kim Dotcom wants to sue Hollywood and the US government and provide New Zealand with free broadband internet
- 2012-10-26: File Sharing Supersite Megaupload to Relaunch as Mega
- 2012-09-03: Kim Dotcom Promises A New, Legally-Secure MegaUpload