Nikon announced yesterday that it will add an 800mm f5.6 supertelephoto lens to its product line, helping reduce some competition between Nikon and its rival Canon. Nikon has not mentioned how much it will cost nor when it will ship, but we are expecting somewhere around the same price as Canon’s EF 800mm f/5.6 L IS USM, which comes in at $13,000.
Although this seems like an extremely high price to the average customer, it is definitely worth it for professional photographers, especially those who do nature shots such as bird watching, and obviously paparazzi photographers (they can even have much more expensive lenses).
Nikon also mentioned that it will show off the 800mm lens at the Photokina show in Cologne, Germany this September. We’ll keep you updated on the status of the 800mm supertelephoto lens as more info becomes available.
- 2014-04-17 Nikon 1 V3 Is Now Shipping
- 2014-04-10 Nikon 1 J4 Is Official
- 2014-04-10 Nikon Coolpix S810c Announced, Runs On Android
- 2014-04-09 Alleged Nikon 1 J4 Photo And Specs Leaked
- 2014-03-28 Nikon Issues Replacement Or Equivalent Model For D600 DSLR