Nintendo has reached a milestone today announcing that it has sold 5 million 3DS handsets since its debut in March of 2011. They’ve also announced milestone sale figures for some games including The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D(1 million), Super Mario 3D land(2.1 million) and Mario Kart 7(1.75 million).
Nintendo also mentioned that they held a 75 percent market share for portable hardware for the second month in a row now. They also sold nearly 400,000 units in Japan. In the month of June, Nintendo sold 150,000 3DS units, 150,000 DS family units and around 95,000 Wii consoles. Do you think that Nintendo can continue its success in the portable market against mobile phones or the PS Vita? Let us know in the comment section below.
- Killzone Shadow Fall Patch 1.05 Makes Changes To Single Player Campaign
- Australia, New Zealand PS4 Launch Sees Couple Of PSN Features Disabled Temporarily
- Sony Pictures Registered The Last Of Us Movie Domain
- EA VP: PS5 And Xbox Two To Launch In 5, 6 Years’ Time
- Razer Kraken Forged Edition Headphones Introduced
- Follow: 3ds, milestone, nintendo,