Nintendo has reached a milestone today announcing that it has sold 5 million 3DS handsets since its debut in March of 2011. They’ve also announced milestone sale figures for some games including The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D(1 million), Super Mario 3D land(2.1 million) and Mario Kart 7(1.75 million).
Nintendo also mentioned that they held a 75 percent market share for portable hardware for the second month in a row now. They also sold nearly 400,000 units in Japan. In the month of June, Nintendo sold 150,000 3DS units, 150,000 DS family units and around 95,000 Wii consoles. Do you think that Nintendo can continue its success in the portable market against mobile phones or the PS Vita? Let us know in the comment section below.
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-03-23: Unique Nintendo 3DS Tells The World You’re A Pokemon Master
- 2014-02-13: Monster Hunter 4 Nintendo 3DS XL Announced
- 2014-01-12: Nintendo 3DS Set To Do Well In 2014
- 2014-01-08: Nintendo 3DS Hacked To Be Made Region Free
- 2014-01-06: Percentage Of Nintendo 3DS Sales To Be Paid To Tomita As Royalties