Samsung has just been granted its request to expedite its appeal of the preliminary injunction Apple was granted against the Galaxy Nexus in the US. Samsung now has until July 16th to file the court brief stating the process. Apple in turn has until July 30th to respond to the filing, with their final comments due by August 6th.
Apple’s response to the temporary lift of the sales injunction was also accepted by the court and will be considered on whether the ban should remain until the patent case has been resolved. Apple’s latest claim is that Samsung is trying to harm third parties other than itself. Samsung is annoyed that Apple directly contacted retail stores selling the Galaxy Nexus to ask them to ban sales of the product. Apple responded with the fact that they were doing exactly what is in their right since Samsung infringed upon their patent.
Lastly the court accepted Samsung and Google’s amici curae(friend of the court) brief against the Apple sales ban. Apple objected to the brief stating that Google isn’t a third party since it co-developed the Galaxy Nexus and went on to say that Google tried to conceal their relationship. We’ll keep you updated on the status of the court case as more info becomes available.RELATED
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Lightstrap Turns Your iPhone Into A Flash Ring
- Typo Keyboard Is An Upcoming Keyboard Case For The iPhone
- Apple Signs iPhone Deal With China Mobile
- Follow: Apple Inc, Galaxy Nexus, patent infringement,