Samsung has taken the number one spot in the Campaign Asia-Pacific 2012 Asia’s Top 1000 Brands report. Samsung trumped the former king Sony that previously ruled the rankings for the past four years. It’s important to note that the South Korean tech giant was already trailing in the second spot last year. This year, it appears that Samsung has finally conquered the hearts and minds of the consumers in the continent.
“Samsung’s sweep of the top spot can be attributed to the brand’s dedication to product innovation within a wide range of consumer electronics,” said Jolene Otremba, a reports editor for the magazine. “The brand’s focus on high visibility marketing and advertising, as well as its commitment to developing brand presence in both new and mature markets has helped to give the brand a boost.”
Trailing in second is no other than the Cupertino-based tech giant Apple which moved from the 6th spot last year. Sony and Panasonic landed in the third and fourth spot respectively. In its 9th year running, the 2012 report is based on a survey conducted by Campaign Asia-Pacific together with Nielsen, targeting consumers in 12 key regional markets across Asia-Pacific – Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Uses Eco-friendly Packaging In Galaxy Series Devices
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Exec Felt Jobs' Death Was 'Best Opportunity' To Attack iPhone
- 2014-04-16: AT&T Galaxy S4 Active Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Android Wear Smartwatch Expected Later This Year
- 2014-04-16: Samsung Shows Off Curved Batteries Used In The Gear Fit
- 2014-03-10: Sony And Panasonic Announce New "Archival Disc" Storage Medium
- 2014-02-28: Galaxy S5's Water Resistant Feature Does Not Worry Sony
- 2011-12-20: Panasonic, Samsung, Sandisk, Sony and Toshiba form the Next Generation Secure Memory Initiative
- 2011-11-09: Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative kicks off
- 2011-08-08: Panasonic, Samsung, Sony and Xpand 3D team up to form the Full HD 3D Glasses Initiative