As most hardcore PC gamers will tell you – nothing will replace the traditional mouse and keyboard combo, especially when it comes to real time strategy games. However, that doesn’t stop people from trying to come up with alternatives. For SRK’s cross-over contest, a guy named Mauricio Romana decided to come up with an arcade stick that can be used to play Starcraft 2. His winning entry made use of an Ultrastick analog joystick configured to work as a mouse, and a collection of Sanwa buttons to replicate the keys of a keyboard.
Unfortunately those of you interested in obtaining this arcade stick will be out of luck (unless some manufacturer decides it’s a good idea and makes something like it), but you can check it out in action in the video below.
- 2014-04-17: Swedish Politicians Compete In A StarCraft 2 Tournament Against Each Other
- 2014-04-11: Study Uses StarCraft 2 To Prove The Effects Of Aging
- 2014-01-21: Patch 2.1 For StarCraft 2 Unlocks Custom Maps For Starter Edition Owners
- 2013-08-08: Blizzard WCS App Announced, Lets You Stream StarCraft 2 Matches On The Go
- 2013-07-30: StarCraft 2 2.0.10 Patch Adds eSport Features And Color Blind Mode