Facebook has turned to the U.K. to offer a different kind of game that’s surely not for the Olympics. Instead, the behemoth social network is introducing a new game called Bingo & Slots Friendzy. Unlike the previous games on its platform, Bingo & Slots Friendzy involves playing with real cash. Yes, it’s gambling to be exact. Basically, the Bingo game allows users to bet with their own Facebook credits while Facebook takes 30 percent of the money, as it does with its other apps. The social network usually follows a 30/70 revenue split that applies to all games that use Facebook Credits.
Facebook will be offering the game beginning Tuesday for its users in the U.K. But to play the game and earn some cash, you’ll have to be 18 years old and older. Julien Codorniou, Facebook’s head of gaming in Europe, Middle East and Africa, noted that gambling is very popular and well-regulated in the U.K. “For millions of bingo users it’s already a social experience. So it makes sense for us to offer that as well,” Codorniou said. Bingo & Slots Friendzy is actually an app extension of the Jackpotjoy.com franchise from Gamesys. It’s important to note that Facebook did not personally develop the game, instead, it only permitted Gamesys.
- Microsoft CEO Candidate Stephen Elop Reportedly Considering Selling Xbox, Killing Bing
- North Korea May Launch A Cyber Attack Using Online Games
- YouTube Easter Egg Allows You To Play Missile Command
- Facebook: The Board Game Concept Wants To Get You Off The Internet
- Video Games Live Streaming On Twitch From San Diego Comic-Con On July 20