Facebook has turned to the U.K. to offer a different kind of game that’s surely not for the Olympics. Instead, the behemoth social network is introducing a new game called Bingo & Slots Friendzy. Unlike the previous games on its platform, Bingo & Slots Friendzy involves playing with real cash. Yes, it’s gambling to be exact. Basically, the Bingo game allows users to bet with their own Facebook credits while Facebook takes 30 percent of the money, as it does with its other apps. The social network usually follows a 30/70 revenue split that applies to all games that use Facebook Credits.
Facebook will be offering the game beginning Tuesday for its users in the U.K. But to play the game and earn some cash, you’ll have to be 18 years old and older. Julien Codorniou, Facebook’s head of gaming in Europe, Middle East and Africa, noted that gambling is very popular and well-regulated in the U.K. “For millions of bingo users it’s already a social experience. So it makes sense for us to offer that as well,” Codorniou said. Bingo & Slots Friendzy is actually an app extension of the Jackpotjoy.com franchise from Gamesys. It’s important to note that Facebook did not personally develop the game, instead, it only permitted Gamesys.
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2014-04-10: FTC Clears Facebook/WhatsApp Deal, Must Honor Privacy Obligations
- 2014-04-09: Facebook To Remove In-App Messaging, Forces Users To Download Messenger App
- 2014-04-09: Facebook Messenger For Asha, Lumia, Nokia X Announced
- 2014-04-08: Mom Checks Son's Facebook, Saves Him From Getting Shot