Better late than never: the LG Optimus Vu smartphone does not command unanimity on its very particular design, but there are some really good things about it: it’s big, wide (great for fast typing) and fast. Well, according to a Korean press release from LG, the 5″ Android smartphone is due to arrive in the USA in “the third quarter” of 2012 — that means within 6 weeks, which is consistent with previous rumors, and the phone has even been previously spotted with a Verizon logo on it, which suggests that Verizon may be the first carrier to feature this phone in the United States.
You can bet that it will come with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) rather than the Android 2.4 that it was demonstrated on at Mobile World Congress when we first got our hands with the Optimus Vu. We expect it to sale for the same price than other any high-end Android phones available in the USA, and if you don’t want to be locked, you would have to get an unlocked one for a rather uncompetitive price of $900. What do you think of a 4:3 aspect ratio on a 5″ display?
On course, this is a bit late for LG since Samsung is rumored to be launching the Galaxy Note 2 at IFA this month. Nothing is confirmed, but that would make a lot of sense, since it coincides with Samsung’s yearly release schedule.
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-22 LG G3 Screenshots Hint At New UI, 'Concierge Service'
- 2014-04-22 Possible LG G3 Software Features Revealed [Rumor]
- 2014-04-21 LG G Watch To Arrive In A Shade Of Gold
- 2014-04-21 LG G3 Mini Seemingly Confirmed In User Agent Profile
- 2013-07-31 LG Vu 3 Rumored To Be In The Works
- 2013-01-02 LG Boasts 1 Million Optimus Vu Units Sold In South Korea
- 2012-10-20 Verizon LG Intuition Review
- 2012-08-27 LG Optimus Vu/Intuition press shot spotted, possible 15th September release
- 2012-08-19 Global LG Optimus Vu gets Tegra 3