Another day, another new TV is unveiled, although I do not think that the quantum leap made from standard definition TV to Full HDTV has been replicated with the introduction of the LG TM2792 personal TV with Cinema Screen design at IFA 2012 in Berlin, Germany. Touted by LG to be the “ultimate entertainment platform” (now where have we heard that familiar claim before, hmmm?), the LG TM2792 will enable users to enjoy a vast array of innovative features such as LG Smart TV functionality, Cinema 3D and Cinema Screen Design, all the while delivering amazing image quality courtesy of its IPS technology.
Boasting an understated elegance, being crazy about technology sees us look more into what is underneath the hood than just fall for external temptations, so what do you get with this 27″ TV? Apart from the now usual 1,920 x 1,080 resolution, the LG TM2792 will have a LED IPS (In Plane Switching)/3D display with 250 nits of brightness, a wide 178-degree viewing angle, 5ms response time, and a pair of 7W speakers.
As for connectivity options, you will find the LG TM2792 not come up short at all. In fact, it caters for folks who play with DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct and WiDi, in addition to having D-Sub, a couple of HDMI ports, composite, component, SCART, a trio of USB ports, and LAN support. Each purchase will come with a couple of battery-free glasses that are also flicker-free to maximize your 3D enjoyment experience at home without missing a beat. No idea on pricing, but the LG TM2792 is tipped for an European release this coming September. [Press Release]
- 2014-04-13: LG G3 Photo Confirms 2560x1440 Resolution [Exclusive]
- 2014-04-11: Alleged LG G3 Specs Revealed In User Agent Profile [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: LG Odin Processor Expected To Enter Mass Production 'Soon'
- 2014-04-10: LG G Pad 8.3 Receives Android 4.4 KitKat Update In US And Europe
- 2014-04-10: Press Render Of LG L90 For T-Mobile Leaked
- 2013-01-06: LG Ultra HD TV Going For $20,000
- 2012-01-08: LG Cinema Screen design has 1mm bezel
- 2012-01-05: LG to introduce Google TV at CES 2012
- 2011-09-02: LG PZ850T Pentouch 3D TV lets you draw on it
- 2011-02-16: LG goes flicker free with new Cinema 3D TV range