When Microsoft announced the Surface Windows tablet, this came as a shock to many, especially to the company’s manufacturing partners who apparently were not aware of Microsoft’s intentions until the very last minute. The Surface is set to debut later this year and while it remains to be seen if it will prove to be a strong competitor against Apple’s iPad, the reaction by many have shown that it is at the very least well received by those who have tried it.
While this might sound a bit premature, is it possible that Microsoft could already be working on the next-gen Surface without waiting to see how well the first one takes off? It certainly does seem that way thanks to a Microsoft Careers page which is currently on the hunt for engineers and managers who will be responsible for the “next generation” of Surface devices. Of course this does not mean that a Surface 2 is already in the works, but at the very least it seems that Microsoft has already begun planning it. Either way we’re pretty excited about the tablet and can’t wait to see how it fares in the fiercely competitive tablet market.
Next Story: Lenovo X1 Carbon Review
- 2014-04-23 Remote Desktop Preview App For Windows Phone 8.1 Released
- 2014-04-23 China Thinks Windows 8 Is ‘Expensive’
- 2014-04-23 Bing In Classroom Arrives At All U.S. Schools
- 2014-04-23 Xbox One For Japan Launches On 4th September
- 2014-04-22 Microsoft Organizes Party To Celebrate E.T. Videogame Dig
- 2014-04-06 Ears For Surface Will Help Boost The Tablet's Volume For $10
- 2014-04-01 Microsoft Could Announce Something Surface-Related At BUILD
- 2014-03-26 Surface Wireless Keyboard Adapter Discontinued By Microsoft
- 2014-03-11 Microsoft Surface 2 With LTE Priced At $679
- 2014-03-10 Surface 2 LTE Tablets Sent To Microsoft Stores (Rumor)?