With Windows 8 coming out this fall, many recent PC customers were angry at first due to their buying a computer with Windows 7 when Windows 8 was coming out in a couple months. Microsoft then announced in the beginning of June that anyone who purchased a PC with Windows 7 between June 2nd, 2012 and January 31st, 2013 would be able to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for a mere $14.99. Today, Microsoft opened the registration for the $14.99 upgrade promotion.
In order to take part in the promotion, you’ll need to head to the Windows Upgrade Offer site and enter your 25-digit Windows 7 product key. Promo codes will be sent out starting October 26th via email and can be applied in checkout within the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant. You’ll have until February 28, 2013 to register for the offer. If you bought your Windows 7 PC before June 2nd 2012, you’ll be able to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro starting October 26th for $39.99. Let us know in the comments section below if you bought a Windows 7 PC before June 2nd, 2012 and if you plan on using the promotion to upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $14.99 or if you have any difficulties in the process.
Next Story: Aerogel from NASA is a super insulator
- 2014-04-16: Microsoft's New All-In-One Media Keyboard Destined For Your Living Room
- 2014-04-15: Microsoft To Open 11 More Specialty Retail Stores In The US
- 2014-04-15: Clippy Lives On As Cortana Easter Egg In Windows Phone 8.1
- 2014-04-15: Office 365 Personal Makes It Cheaper To Unlock All Features On iPad
- 2014-04-15: WP 8.1 GDR2 Update Could Support 2K Displays And Snapdragon 805 [Rumor]