Back in June, it was rumored that Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 could be making its way onto the Nintendo Wii U. Given that previous Call of Duty games have been announced for the Wii, we guess Black Ops 2 for the Wii U was kind of to be expected, however with the game being announced for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and the PS Vita, it seemed odd that the Wii U was not included. While we’re not sure why the Nintendo Wii U was not included at that time, a LinkedIn resume of a Treyarch QA tester has revealed more hints that the game could be announced for the Wii U, albeit at a later date.
On his profile description, it read that the person had tested the game for “PS3 and Wii U, multiplayer testing while collaborating with team, ad hoc testing, and regression”. In any case the Nintendo Wii U has yet to be given an official release date, which is why Activision might have held back on the Black Ops 2 announcement for the Wii U just yet. Either way we’ll keep our eyes and ears peeled, so stay tuned for more updates!
- 2014-04-21: Nintendo Game Boy Officially Turns 25 Years Old
- 2014-04-17: Nintendo Sued For Alleged Patent Infringement Over Wii U's Dual Screen Capabilities
- 2014-04-17: Box Art Hints At Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2013-05-01: Call of Duty: Ghosts Officially Announced To Be Released On November 5
- 2012-09-13: Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 expected to land on Wii U on Nov 13