Both the Nintendo 3DS and the PlayStation Vita can be thought of as rivals as far as handheld consoles are concerned, despite very different gaming experiences being offered on either. In any case if you’re wondering which console is doing better for itself, the weekly sales figures from Japan have been released and it seems that Nintendo’s 3DS console is outselling the Vita. Units sold for the Vita from the 30th of July to the 5th of August were 8,203. This is about a 10% decline from the week before that saw 9,081 units sold.
This is compared to the Nintendo 3DS which managed 118,768 units sold which was still a drop from the previous week of 235,974. This drop however was contributed to the release of the new 3DS XL. However given that the Vita was released much after the 3DS, the discrepancies in the figures are to be expected, but the question is will the Vita eventually catch up to the 3DS? After all sales of the Vita were not up to Sony’s expectations during its launch last year, having only sold 321,400 units out of the 700,000 that they expected to sell at the start.
- 2014-04-23 PS Vita Gamers Can Download Their PSP And PSone Libraries
- 2014-04-17 Sony Originally Pitched The Idea Of Titanfall For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-15 God Of War Collection Arriving For The PS Vita
- 2014-04-14 PS Vita Pets: Puppy Parlour To Tide You Over
- 2014-04-13 4J Studios Teases Minecraft For PS4, PS Vita
- 2013-07-18 Angry Birds Star Wars Headed To Consoles, Handhelds On October 29
- 2013-05-16 iOS Game Spending Outpaces Nintendo 3DS, PS Vita In Q1 2013
- 2013-02-21 Consumers Spent More On Mobile Games Than Handheld Games Last Quarter
- 2012-02-28 PS Vita sold 1.2 million units worldwide