Earlier today we reported that thanks to a rumor, the Nintendo Wii U for Europe could be seeing a delay and could be launched in December. Considering that the Wii U has yet to receive an official release date and pricing, we guess it was hard to be bummed out by a rumored delay. However based on current rumors and speculation for a possible holiday release, November seems to be the favored release date for the Wii U and according to the folks at GoNintendo, a GameStop employee reportedly informed them that the Wii U is expected to see a launch during Black Friday 2012 in America, and that pre-orders for the console are expected to begin as early as next week.
The employee also revealed pricings for several Wii U games and assuming the price list is to be believed, games for the Wii U are priced starting at $49.99 and can go up to prices of $99.99. Obviously this information should be taken with a grain of salt, but what do you guys think? Could a Black Friday release see Nintendo sell more Wii U units?
- 2014-04-15: Wii Remote Plus Controller Gets Princess Peach Theme
- 2014-04-09: DIY Nintendo 64 Portable Console
- 2014-04-09: Super Smash Bros. Has A Bunch Of Rules That Could Get You Banned
- 2014-04-09: Nintendo Confirms New Mario Game In The Works
- 2014-04-08: Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Pegged For Summer, Wii U Version For Winter
- 2014-04-03: Mario Kart 8 Will Run At 30fps With 3-4 Players
- 2014-04-01: EA Apologizes To Nintendo For "Unacceptable" Wii U Joke
- 2014-03-24: Over 50 Unity Titles Developed For The Wii U
- 2014-03-06: Mario Kart 8 Limited Edition Revealed