Nokia’s executive vice-president of sales and marketing sent a tweet addressed to Samsung, which says “Samsung, take note, next generation Lumia coming soon #nokia”. This is quite a bold message to send over, given that Samsung is experiencing a meteoric rise, while Nokia hasn’t been doing so well as of late.
Of course, some display of confidence isn’t a bad thing, but we can only hope that Nokia will deliver accordingly during its September 5 event in NYC. With Windows Phone 8, Nokia finally has the opportunity to come up with a smartphone that features a high-end chip. If you remember, the previous Windows Phone OS (7.x) did not support multi-cores, and Microsoft engineers were the ones writing the driver code, which limited the number of supported hardware.
Now, OEMs can write their own driver code, and this will open the choice as to what hardware is supported, or not. What do you think of this tweet? Should Nokia keep a low-key profile until it has something that can blow Samsung (and others) out of the water? Or is the upcoming Nokia so good that the company can be near-certain of success?
- 2014-04-18: Samsung’s Milk Music To Cost $4 Monthly For Ad-Free Experience
- 2014-04-17: Trade-In Site Sees One Third Of Galaxy S5 Buyers Switching From iPhone
- 2014-04-17: Galaxy S5 Review
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Android 4.4 Update Released
- 2014-04-17: Samsung Galaxy K Camera Sample Spotted (Rumor)
- 2014-03-30: Windows Phone 8.1 Released To Manufacturers [Rumor]
- 2014-03-05: Lumia 1520 Beats Out Galaxy S5 For Gaming, According To Benchmarks
- 2014-03-03: Microsoft-Nokia Deal Reportedly Draws Concerns From Rivals In China
- 2014-03-03: Nokia Thinks Samsung's Photos Are Blurry
- 2014-02-24: Nokia Pokes Fun At The Galaxy S5