They say that good things come to those who wait, and here we are with word from Barnes & Noble touting that they will be delivering their e-book reader across the ocean, with the Nook device arriving on British shores later this autumn. This would mark the Barnes & Noble Nook’s first international outing, now how about that? Their Nook Simple Touch and Simple Touch with glow light e-readers will be sold via select British retailers later this coming October, although it remains to be seen just which retailers will carry these new Nooks, but do expect Barnes & Noble to make an announcement on the designated retailers in a short while.
Not only that, Barnes & Noble did mention as well that they will launch the www.nook.co.uk online store in due time. The Nook did prove to be quite a seller in the US, assisting Barnes & Noble in managing its cash flow after the decline of brick-and-mortar, traditional bookstores. Right now, Barnes & Noble holds approximately 27% of the US e-book market.
- 2014-03-13: Nook App For Windows Halted
- 2014-02-26: Next Generation NOOK Tablet Is In The Pipeline
- 2014-02-10: Barnes & Noble Fired Nook Engineering Staff [Rumor]
- 2014-01-09: Barnes & Noble Sees Dismal Nook Sales During Holiday Season
- 2013-11-11: NOOK GlowLight Has A Hidden Browser
- 2013-08-20: Barnes & Noble Continue To Work On NOOK Tablets
- 2013-06-06: Barnes & Noble NOOK Snaps Unveiled
- 2013-02-24: Barnes & Noble Consider Quitting Nook Game